#1 Source for Leaks Around the World!

Posts Tagged ‘New’

LAPD Manhunt: New Surveillance Video Shows Dorner Dumping Ammo, Military Belt & Helmet in Trash Bin

In LAPD Manhunt, News, Other Leaks on February 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM

 

 

02/11/2013

New surveillance video may give investigators clues on suspected murderer Christopher Dorner’s movements right after his first alleged victims were killed.

The footage shows a man believed to be Dorner dumping items in a garbage bin, including an ammo magazine and a military belt.

The video was taken Monday outside an auto parts shop in National City, south of San Diego one day after the murders of a young couple in Irvine.

Store owner Majid Yahyai said one of his employees found the items when he went to throw away the trash.

“He came back with a clip, like a magazine, full of bullets, a belt, a military belt and a helmet,” Yahyai described.

Those items and that surveillance tape have been turned over to police.

Barrett Brown Pleads Not Guilty on Newest Charges of Concealing Evidence, Faces Up to 100 Years in Prison

In Anonymous, Barrett Brown, News, Other Leaks, Science & Technology, USA, USA, World Revolution on February 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

01/30/2013

In a brief hearing this morning, United States District Judge Sam Lindsay found former self-proclaimed Anonymous spokesperson Barrett Brown mentally competent to stand trial. The judge will issue an order to that effect later today or early tomorrow. At the same time, Brown was arraigned and pleaded not guilty to his newest charge, concealing evidence, for which he was indicted last week.

Those charges were added onto two other indictments, for allegedly threatening an FBI agent in a YouTube video and for disseminating information from the Christmas Day hack of intelligence firm Stratfor. All told, Brown faces potential prison time of around 100 years.

The courtroom was mostly empty this morning, save for a few reporters and Brown’s parents, a slim woman with a blond bob and her husband, a short guy with a dark-blue sweater and a sandy mop of brown hair. They declined to give their names or speak with reporters after the hearing. Brown shuffled into the courtroom accompanied by two U.S. marshals, his hair cut short, looking prison-sallow and unhappy under the fluorescent lights. His mother smiled at him.

“Sir, are you Barrett Lancaster Brown?” Judge Lindsay inquired.

“No, Your Honor.” Brown replied.

There was a brief, loaded pause.

“You’re not?” Lindsay asked. “What is your name?”

“My name is Barrett Lancaster Brown, Your Honor,” Brown replied.

Lindsay paused again. “That’s what I said,” he answered, finally.

Other than that brief spot of weirdness, things proceeded uneventfully. In response to questions, Brown told the judge that he understood he was there in order for the court to determine his mental competency, after a prison psychologist at the Federal Correctional Institution in Fort Worth recently issued a report recommending he be found competent.

Brown’s public defender, Doug Morris, told Judge Lindsay that when Brown was first indicted, back in September, “I had some concerns initially” about Brown’s mental state. He asked a magistrate judge to remand Brown to the facility in Fort Worth, where he could receive medical treatment.

Brown told the judge that in Fort Worth he was “under the sporadic care of a psychologist,” after spending a week and a half under medical supervision while undergoing withdrawal from Suboxone, a drug used to treat opiate addiction. “I was addicted to Suboxone,” he told the judge. He said that he now takes Zoloft, an anti-depressant, and risperidone, an anti-psychotic (although Brown characterized it as an anti-depressant and sleep aid, which it’s sometimes also prescribed for).

“He appears to be in much better shape than when he was brought in,” Morris told the judge, adding that Brown has “a pretty good grasp” on the charges against him, his plea options, and the consequences of pleading guilty.

In short order, Lindsay ruled that Brown “does not suffer from a mental disease or defect” that would make him unable to stand trial or participate in his own defense. The judge then read the newest charges of concealing evidence to Brown. There are two of them: obstruction by concealing evidence and corruptly concealing evidence.

“Would you like to have the indictment read aloud in open court?” Linday asked.

“Oh, that’s all right, Your Honor,” Brown replied, before pleading not guilty.

The assistant U.S. attorney prosecuting the case, C.S. Heath, then asked that the first set of charges — on the threat to the FBI agent — be tried separately from the other two indictments, which she asked be tried together.

“There’s an individual referenced [in the newest indictment] who may ultimately be named as a defendant,” she explained. “That individual does not need to be in the same trial.” (An anonymous source told our own Jim Schutze that person, referred to as “KM” in the indictment, may be Brown’s mother.)

Lindsay set a trial date of April 8 for the first charges and May 6 for the second two. However, Brown’s lawyer may file for a continuance; he told the judge during the hearing that the evidence “takes up multiple terabytes” and may need time to review.

With that, the hearing was over, and the marshals escorted Brown away. Out in the hallway, an AP reporter asked Brown’s attorney if anyone from Anonymous had been in touch with his client.

“I have no idea about any of that,” Morris replied, adding that he doesn’t really track whom his client writes to. “But my suggestion is for him not to talk.”

Via DallasObserver

Related Links:

Barret Brown Facing Decades in Prison for Sharing a Link

The Ballad of Barrett Brown

Barrett Brown Hit With Third Indictment, This Time for Concealing Evidence

GMO A Go Go – Truth About GMOs Explained in New Animated Cartoon

In GMO, Monsanto, News, Viral Videos on January 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM

01/30/2013

From InfomaticFilms.com and sponsored by NaturalNews.com, this new animated cartoon covers all the basics on why GMOs are dangerous.

Nobel Nominee Jim Garrow Says Obama’s New “Litmus Test” For Military Leaders Is If They Will Fire On US Citizens Or Not

In Barack Obama, NDAA, News, NWO, Other Leaks, Police State, USA, USA, Viral Videos, World Revolution on January 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

 

01/23/2013

2009 Nobel Peace Prize nominee Jim Garrow shockingly claims he was told by a top military veteran that the Obama administration’s “litmus test” for new military leaders is whether or not they will obey an order to fire on U.S. citizens.

Garrow was nominated three years ago for the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize and is the founder of The Pink Pagoda Girls, an organization dedicated to rescuing baby girls from “gendercide” in China. Garrow has been personally involved in “helping rescue more than 36,000 Chinese baby girls from death.” He is a public figure, not an anonymous voice on the Internet, which makes his claim all the more disturbing.

“I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not”. Those who will not are being removed,” Garrow wrote on his Facebook page, later following up the post by adding the man who told him is, “one of America’s foremost military heroes,” whose goal in divulging the information was to “sound the alarm.”

Garrow’s claim is even more explosive given that the country is in the throes of a national debate about gun control, with gun rights advocates keen to insist that the founders put the second amendment in the Constitution primarily as a defense against government tyranny.

It also follows reports on Sunday that General James Mattis, head of the United States Central Command, “is being told to vacate his office several months earlier than planned.”

Concerns over US troops being given orders to fire on American citizens in the event of mass gun confiscation first arose in 1995 when hundreds of Marines at 29 Palms, California were given a survey as part of an academic project by Navy Lieutenant Commander Ernest Guy Cunningham which asked the Marines if they would, “Fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the United States government.”

The survey was subsequently leaked because many of the Marines who took it were shocked by the tone of the question.

The US Military has clearly outlined innumerable civil emergency scenarios under which troops would be authorized to fire on U.S. citizens.

In July 2012, the process by which this could take place was made clear in a leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” (PDF) dating from 2006. Similar plans were also outlined in an updated manual released in 2010 entitled FM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operations.

The 2006 document outlines how military assets will be used to “help local and state authorities to restore and maintain law and order” in the event of mass riots, civil unrest or a declaration of martial law.

On page 20 of the manual, rules regarding the use of “deadly force” in confronting “dissidents” on American soil are made disturbingly clear with the directive that a, “Warning shot will not be fired.”

Given that second amendment advocates are now being depicted as dangerous terrorists by the federal government and local law enforcement, Garrow’s claim is sure to stoke controversy given that Americans are seeing their gun rights eviscerated while the federal government itself stockpiles billions of bullets.

Last week, Gloversville Mayor Dayton King warned that any federal gun confiscation program could lead to a “Waco-style standoff” in rural areas of America.

Via InfoWars

Related Links: Military Brass Required to Fire on American Citizens? Dr. Jim Garrow Answers Your Questions

Gangnam Style New Year 2013

In News, USA, Viral Videos on January 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM

 

01/01/2013

The South Korean viral sensation, Psy, is just as tired of “Gangnam Style” as you are.

After performing for ABC’s “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” the rapper told MTV News he’s ready to leave the song behind, forever.

“Being in Times Square on New Year’s Eve is already special — it’s the biggest stage in the universe — plus it’s my birthday, so, with all that, it may be the ending of ‘Gangnam Style,’” he said. “I mean, what better way to do it? It’s my biggest and most meaningful birthday.”

%d bloggers like this: